Sunday, January 25, 2009

It was all Chi Keen's fault

Last Friday, we were at United Square to settle most of the chores for Goofy Cup. We collected the sports bag from Nortel, purchased the lucky draw prizes, then adjourned to Brauhaus for a drink.

Jimmy, Philip, Billy, Chi Keen and I were later joined by Peter. We discussed about the event before our drinking session. As we we partied, I lost count of the number of glasses I downed. Chi Keen keep jioing me to drink, and then I counter-jio him. But he not very steady, once I jio him, he refused to drink giving me no-face so I had to drink his glass as well.

I staggered out at about 2am or 3am (I think..I was pissed drunk), got the valet to drive me back. Today I just read in the papers that the booze-busters were out on Friday night. Smart me.

Woke up at 6.30 am still unsteady, took some bread and popped 2 extra-strong Panadol before heading to SCC. My tee-time was 7.25am with my league team mates. Damn, it was the biggest mistake of my life. Half dead and conned into playing:

1. Sixes (we played 4 since we had spares)
2. Vegas - $2 per point
3. Individual match and stroke play, all round

I probably had the worst round in recent time (+14, +8) including 2 double pars, only woke up at the 14th hole, by then it was too little, too late.

Lost everything! $226. If not for the 4-pars run from Hole 14, the damage would have been more than $300.

It was all Chi Keen's fault!!!

PS : But it was fun! :)

No comments: