Sunday, January 18, 2009

First league practice session

I have been picked by SCC as a SGA League player for Div A. Today is the first practice session. I had the pleasure of playing with some serious golfer. Yong, the team captain, Koh Hong Soon (Jonas's fellow pro, who also passed the test together with him) and Tham, all are 7-8 handicappers.

Beside the usual 6-es, Koh wanted to play Vegas ($1 per point). Usually I don't play Vegas, but since everybody was so enthusiastic, I was ok as well.

As usual I don't really track my score, just let the experts monitor the betting situation. I shot 78 (7 over) at par 71.

The funny thing about this whole game is that there were a total of 4 birdies in the whole game. All four were against Yong, the captain and Tham was all on the winning team. We did not flip the scores with birdies, but add another $10. And if 2 pars, we add $5.

So in the end, Yong got slaughtered $173, Tham won about $150, I won $37, Koh lost the rest.

It was a very exciting game and I look forward to playing with these guys in the league.

No comments: