Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rain out

Woke up this morning with great anticipation, even before my alarm went off. Afterall, I have not played at NSRCC for the past 1 month. Also looking forward to battle the big buayas, Jimmy, Jonas and Bobby.

But alas, it was not meant to be. As I sat at the breakfast table, the sky grew dark and eventually started to pour. It was about 7.30am. Quickly messaged Dick and Jimmy since they live near to the course. They told me bad news, it was raining in the east too. Called the club house and was told that course was closed till 8.45am. Since my flight was 8.53am and they have to clear their backlog, I figure we will not be able to crossover. If the closure is extended, I think even the earlier flights will not be able to cross.

So decided to pull out and had a nice cool quiet Saturday morning reading the papers and will still be in time to sent my girl for her golf lesson at 2pm.

Perhaps tomorrow, I can try to join a flight at Sembawang just to satisfy my "gian". Any one keen to join me? Couple of flights are still available in the afternoon.

Guys, did you put in any game? How did your day go?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CYM called me stating that since he has a bout of flu, he will pull out. I, in a hurry to go down to NSRCC, left my golfing shoes behind. Since i am having a game tomorrow at Ponderosa with my CSC guys, I decided to pull out as well. The rest(13 of them) continued with their 9 hole game. The only possible flight with originally tee time of 0825 stands a 50/50 chance of crossing over. Good luck guys..........

Chee Hoo said...

Bad luck guys. Last week washed out and this week as well. Hope those that played 9 holes enjoyed their game. Will join you guys next week.

Anonymous said...

Was on the 825 flight, but did not managed to cross over. The flight before us crossed. But turn out a blessing in disguise, as there is heavy downpour when we were having lunch. With so much time, we have lots of drinks and laughter during lunch, guess playing 9 holes did not tire anyone of us out, so lots of energy for suaning one another.... Wife was happy when I got home by 2:30pm.

Anonymous said...

lets hope we have better luck this coming saturday..