Saturday, August 9, 2008

AWESOME 71!!!

Man, I am over the moon. Never in my life have I imagined I can shoot close to par. Well, I shot 1 under par at Sembawang Country Club from blue tee!!! 71!!.

It was the round of my life. It is like striking Toto on 888 (well, not really).

4 Birdies, 3 bogies and 11 pars, 100% fairway hit, only 3 putted once. Everything just worked perfectly. Driving was straight, approach was solid, chipping let me down only once and putting was superb.

Started the day early at 7.25am. Didn't expect much, just playing consistent golf. Was par all the way until the 6th hole which I lost a shot. Immediately I recovered with a birdie on 7th. Took the turn at even par. Gain a shot each at 12th and 13th. A 3-putt, even with a regulation on, caused a bogey on the 16th. But immediately recovered with another birdie on 17th.

On 18th tee, I was wondering what my eventual score will be. Started to get nervous. First shot found the right side on the green but luckily not in the ravine. Chipped out from the rough on the green and faced a downhill quick putt. I 2-putted for bogey and total score of 71. But I must admit the last putt I was virtually trembling. It was almost unbelievable.

It was a beautiful, awesome game.

6 comments:

Cheong YM said...

I'm proud of you. You must be the crocodile they found wandering in Pasir Ris seeking for your preys. Looks like you found them at Sembawang.

Anyway the way your been improving and some of us retreading, very soon you are in the planet of your own.

Anyway a big congratulation to you for a great achievement to play 1 under par.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cheong. I almost could not believe it myself and no la..I am not pasir ris croc. I just had the best game of my life so far!

Chee Hoo said...

Gerald, congratulations! Can imagine it must be a fantastic feeling!

Anonymous said...

thanks chee hoo, just hope this is not a once-off:)

Anonymous said...

Congrat Gerald! 71 is really awesome and great achievement...Tot it was great achievement when u broke 80.... Your next target has to be break 70. Well, If i hv to write a story for my 18 hole game, it will not be short of OB to the right, 3-putt 6 times, close with a triple bogey. Final score 99, and karna eaten by all the crocodiles....

Anonymous said...

Thanks Billy, ya breaking 70 will be my next target but to be realistic, trying to remain in the 70s consistently is what I am aiming for. Maybe you should give me some lessons on how to drive to help me :).