Sunday, March 29, 2009

RK...the candidate for the MIP 2009

Had the privilege of playing with Robert, Chi Keen and Albert Teo yesterday morning. And along with the usual sixes and individual, they wanted to Saddam me.

So Robert was USA, Chi Keen was UK, and Albert being Russia wanted no part of the Gulf War.

As usual, Saddam took precedent over sixes and I found my sixes partners desserting me for some foreign aid offered by USA. Due to my poor negotiatation skills, I gave 2-2 to UN.

The match was really tight swinging between Saddam 1-up, even and UN 1-up. By the 2nd 9 on Navy 4, the match was still level. I blew Navy 5 with a double and UN took a 1-up lead.

Robert hit a fantastic tee shot to about 4-feet for Navy 6 which was the long par 3. He promptly birdied to take a 2-up lead.

The last 3 holes for Navy have always been my favourite holes and I felt that I could make a comeback.

I hit a good approach on Navy 7 to about 10-feet and was in a good birdie position. Both Chi Keen and Robert had very poor first putts which were about 15 feet from the hole. Both of them putted in for par and I missed my birdie. So it was dormie-2. Saddam had 1 foot in the coffin.

At Navy 8, again I hit a great approach to about 7-feet with both CK and RK in the bunkers. It was my hole to lose. RK hit his sandshot out to about 3 feet to save par. I again missed my birdie. UN halved the hole and won the match.

RK shot 39 on Navy and the way he is playing, I think he is a shoo-in for the most improved player/golfer (MIP) for 2009. Watch out Huat Siong and Pillip!!!

No comments: