Sunday, March 1, 2009

Embarassed by a 10-year old Konglong!

Today was the first league game at Laguna National.

I got a shock when I saw my playing partner. A 10 years old 8 handicapper from Warren Country Club named Jin Cheng.

Had a chat with his family, who are PRs from China and learned that he has picked up golf for about 3 years. The whole family was there to support his tee off.

And the parting shot from his mother to me was "Do take care of him!!!"

My God, that was a huge responsiblity.

Sure enough, this boy is talented. He bogeyed the first hole and I double-bogeyed. That set the stage for the rest of the game. His average drive is about 180 and he can chip and putt.

At the 2nd fairway, I hit from the fairway and waved to him to move the buggy to the green. When I reached the green, the other 2 flight mate told me he cannot drive. I had to run all the way back to the buggy.

Then it rained heavily but the course was not closed. I asked if he had umbrella or rain coat, he said no. I offered my rain coat to him but he politely declined.

By the time the game was abandoned at the 8th hole, he was 5 over, I was 8 over. The result for this round won't count. Thank God.

I hope I am not paired with him for the next game. I don't want to be embarassed again.

Watch out for this boy in the future!

No comments: