Sunday, March 22, 2009

First league game completed....finally

The weather today was perfect, so perfect that after playing 3 holes, I was praying for rain. Started badly with bogey, bogey and a triple (lost ball after hitting a tree).

The playing conditions was so different from the practice ground. Pins were tucked at some of the most ridiculous positions with green speed at 8.5.

Running out of excuses, I just had to press on and try to recover. Finished the first nine at 43, not too bad since I was already 5 over after 3 holes. Was slightly better in the 2nd nine at 6 over 42. Total 85.

I was not too pleased with my score until I return to the club house, my team captain Yong was at 88 with Koh Hong Soon also at 85. Richard Ee (ex SAF RSM) was the forth member, he blew with 90+ score. His score won't count since only the best 3 were taken.

Team Sembawang is at 8th position out of 13 team, only 3 strokes behind the 5th team. The last game will be next Sunday at NSRCC with the top 6 teams qualifying for Sentosa.

We will have to climb at least 2 places.

No comments: