Sunday, October 19, 2008

Moment of Truth


Played today at SCC with Siew, Meng Wee and Chiang and it is the first game with my swing change. Still struggling with the swing and I am not getting the distance I use to have. Other than my tee shot at 13 which was thin and found water, I think the rest of the shots were pretty ok. Fat shots at holes 1, 7, 8A and 10.

The main problem now is how to adapt the new swing for uphill and downhill lies which are the characteristics of the Commando Course.

The thing about SCC is that the course is short and it does not really punish you when you lack a little distance. The short game can still pull you up.

Lost to MW (gave 12) by 1 hole overall, halved Chiang (gave 4), lost 2 sixes.

I still need to work on the ball striking, leverage and the follow-thru. Overall, I am quite pleased with my first game. NSRCC will be a more stringent test.

Above is a picture of the right-sided swing that I am trying to adopt. Notice how the left hip is straight and quiet on the back swing?

No comments: