Saturday, October 18, 2008

2nd lesson

I have been practising the new swing for a week, trying to get the hang of it. Decided to go back to Paul for some pointers, just in case I got it wrong and I can get it corrected before it becomes ingrained. Well, I was right, and wrong.

Right to have gone back for the follow-up. Wrong in that I got some of the technique still incorrect.

I was still swaying my hip, although to a lesser extent than last week. We did some more work on keeping the hip quiet, the leverage and the follow through.

I finally grasp the concept of keeping the hip still, ie. by putting more weight on the left.

Tomorrow will be the moment of truth. I will be playing at Sembawang with my SCC kakis. I've got to give Meng Wee 12 strokes, I think. Chances of winning is not very high, even with my old swing. There is really nothing much to lose with my new swing.

Really missed playing with the guys at NSRCC today, but got to accompany gal to the NJC Open Day. So I am looking forward to Deepavali. I think Cheong (YM) will be very happy to play with me!!!

No comments: