Sunday, April 5, 2009

Physics vs Biology!!!

Sembawang CC is having a golf carnival by Pan West this weekend. One thing that interests me was the club fitting by this ang mo pro called Gary.

I tried out the launch monitor and had my driving statistics measured. I found out what were my problems (clubhead speed aside):

1. Out-to-in swing path
2. Too much side spin caused by 1.
3. Hitting the ball on the downswing
4. Too much backspin due to 3, resulting in distance lost.

He fitted at few drivers on the spot for me to try and there were improvement. However, in order to get these improvements, I had to alter my swing too.

One comment from him that struck me was:

"You can get a few more metres with fitting the right club, but you will not get the 30-40m improvement"

In the end, he told me, "Golf is all about physics"

I said "No. It is about biology!!!!"

So I paid the $45 fitting fee and left without the club.

No comments: