Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 2 - Jiu Long Shan 九龍山

In chinese, Jiu Long Shan is 9 Dragon Mountain. This course as formerly owned by the military.

During our first game, the lady warned us that the course was damaged during winter. We tried to change but the operator said because it was Good Friday, all the other courses were full.

True enough, we played on some of the worst greens I have encountered in my whole life. Some greens it seemed like we were putting in the bunker. You can easily miss a 3-feet putt.

The course was hilly and challenging, it called for some accurate tee-shots. Even with the bad conditions, I started strong with only 3 over for the first 9, but the back 9 was disastrous with a +11. I told the caddy, I will be happy to shoot below 86, which was my day 1 score, and exactly I shot 86. :(.

Overall, the condition was very bad. For me the green is the most important part of the whole course.

1 comment:

Daniel Wong said...

was at JIU-LONG-SAN two years ago...the green was already BAD back then...so...one word..lousy..(actually we also played the same course in Mission as you did!!)