Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Malaysia (Airline) Tak Boleh

Sorry if I offended anyone with this post.

Please be aware that the shuttle arrangement between SQ and MAS has been terminated since 1 Jun 08 (where have I been?)

Had a flight booked for 3.40pm on SQ605 (SQ Codeshare with MAS). Left KL at about noon, without any lunch. My colleague Senggaran was supposed to drop me at KL Sentral to catch the express train. Well, I was stuck on the traffic jam for 2 hours. Finally, caught the train and reach the airport by 3.10am.

Rushed to the usual shuttle row at Row L. Counter was closed. Strange. So I checked the monitor, it showed Row C. It is at the other end of the huge airport. I tot SQ row has been relocated.

Rushed over to Row C, saw that it was MAS and not SQ.

Went back to SQ, I was told that my flight is MAS under SQ codeshare.

Went back to MAS, queued and was told that the gate is closed. He (counter staff)told me he cannot do anything, showing me the unhelpful face. I must speak to the supervisor, at the last counter.

Went to the supervisor, he told me the gate is already closed. I can try to get myself on the next flight at 5.55pm. I am determined not to walk back to SQ, if its gonna be MAS, so be it. Again, not very helpful, trying to get rid of me.

Queued for another 15 minutes at MAS and finally reached the counter, she told me she can check me in the next flight, but I have to pay a RM300 penalty. But I have to go to level 3 to MAS office to pay the penalty and then come back to MAS row again.

At this point, I am sweaty, hungry and damn bloody pissed. I have been stuck in KL traffic jam, walked the whole airport 3 times and now I have to go to Level 3.

Next I did the smartest thing I possibly could. I walked back to SQ row, yes, again.

Reach the counter, saw a girl whose counter was indicated "Closed".

"I need help, I just missed my plane", I pleaded.

"Can I see your ticket?"

"Is there another SQ fight later?", I asked.

"Next flight is a MI at 6.05pm, I can book you on that flight"

"Do I have to pay a penalty?"

"No." She replied.

"Nur, that is the most wonderful thing I have heard the whole day!!!!"

Nur, this SQ staff is really such a sweet gal. Courteous, responsive service with a smile. She served me even when the sign said "Counter Closed". I am so glad, I did not go to MAS office and back to MAS row.

So finally at 4pm, I am taking my lunch and blogging at KLIA, waiting for the most wonderful Silkair MI 337.

What has this got to do with golf? Nothing. I am just pissed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it easy - you even wrote 3.10am when it should be 3.10pm. Boy you sound mad. Hee! Sounds like U were really pissed! Did you go toilet to let it all out - I mean the piss! I feel sorry for you man! hungry some more. Bet if you had a driver in your hands, you could have driven a ball 300 yards!!! and also drive anyone in your path, up the wall and thru the gates of hell!

Anonymous said...

Phillip, you are damn right. The first thing I have to do was to take a piss and let it all out.

Guess what?

I walk into the nearest toilet and to my horror, I saw the toilet attendant hosing down the whole toilet as tho its his jamban at home. My God!! Spraying all over the place.

Cannot imagine we have this kind of janitor in Changi Airport.

Damn! Even when I was pissed, I could not piss!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Not your day man!