Monday, December 1, 2008

Lexus Cup


Despite the bad weather, my daugther and I still persisted in going for the Lexus Cup. Paid $33 for myself as kids get to watch for free.

We were planning to follow the last match between Seon Hwa Lee and Angela Stanford, so we sat at the 10th tee waiting for them to crossover. After watching 3 flights teed off, the game was suspended for a 2nd time. I thought to myself, $33 for 3 tee-offs, $10 per flight, its gonna be expensive.

1.5 hours later, the game was on again. We waited and waited and finally, Seon Hwa Lee came. She was already 3-down. We followed her flight hoping to see a fight-back but she lost hole 10 to go 4-down, missing a near putt for par. Guess what? We decided to abandon her flight (so much for being a fan!!).

We hung around the 16th hole and watch the flights come by. Paula Creamer came along, she squared 16th hole but lost her match. She was really cool. Took out her new balls, sign them and gave them out. Both my gal and her friend got one autographed ball each.

Then Jang Jeong came along, she was already 3-down with 3 to go. She promptly birdied 16th to pull one back. We decided to follow this flight to watch her fight-back. She teed off 17th to within 6-7 feet and then birdied again to win. However, she can only square 18th and lost 1-down.

While hanging around the 18th green, we managed to catch Yani Tseng, the World No 2 ranked player. My gal and her golf kaki (ya, she has her kakis too!) managed to get this photo taken with her.

My intention in bringing her there is to hopefully inspire her to take her golf more seriously. She managed to get Annika, Na Yeon Choi, Inbee Park, Yani Tseng and Creamer 's autograph.

Hopefully, I achieved my goal.

No comments: