Sunday, December 28, 2008

The curse at the 6 hole

Four of us - Dick, RK, KBC aka Peter Koh and myself played the Army/Air Force courses on the morning of boxing day Friday 26th Dec. Beautiful weather and great kakis.

The Goofies have the reputation for Naming Rights - Jonas' Tree and CYM's Hole!!! Somehow when I get to the respective tee-boxes I get the feeling, sometimes eerie otherwise a "pulling" aura and sense somehow, something may happen to my tee shot. Believe me it happened that day!

I will call it The Curse of CYM at the 6th hole of Air Force. I have always liked and actually enjoyed playing such holes! (Hee! Hee!) But, blooooody fooool, instead of executing a simple smooth swing from the tee-box, using a tee mind you!, I chopped my shot - yes it was like me --- bloody short!! Ball went into water before the red tee-box and had to buy a jug of beer. (Actually frust but also happy to contribute drink at 19th hole).

Imagine the pulling power of CYM even when he was not there - so, must be The Curse! (He actually swore and cursed that dammed hole so many times that I think his saliva dried up there and saw a few dead worms there too! Such powerful curse).

My partner and I lost that hole and eventually lost the sixes! If only ....... I will try again on Monday 29th - have to make amends and try to rid myself of the curse.

CYM, you too must play that hole again and undo the Curse, otherwise the hole welcomes you everytime you stand on the tee-box! Don't run away, practice many times, you will be perfect. Ha! Ha!

1 comment:

pitchmark said...

CYM's hole? I hope you are not cursing his rear end!!!