Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You can, if you think you can


Vijay won back-to-back Fedex Cup playoff at Barclays and Deutschebank Open with some awesome putting. A couple from 30 feets to 50 feets.

We all know Vijay is not a strong in putting until now. Why this change? He said:

"I think in my head, I convinced myself that I'm the best putter.

I think through the past weeks and months and years, with the media talking about my putting and writing about my putting and people talking about my putting and people want to help me, I must have had hundreds of letters and phone calls and all saying that they can fix my putting.

At the end of the day, it gets to your head that you're not a good putter.

So I made a point after last week that going to change that attitude, and I believed in myself that I'm the best putter, and I came out here with a different attitude, and I putted great this week.

If I keep doing this, I'm going to win a lot more golf tournaments."

And sure enough, he was holing putts from all over the place.

This reminds me of my 2 sessions with my hypnotherapist, Jennifer Norris. Basically, hypnotherapy is about working on your subconscious and unconscious mind. You start to think of the positives and put all the negatives aside. You will believe you can pull off whatever you want to do. This gives you the mental strength to play golf.

I credit Jennifer for the improvements I have made to my game, especially the mental aspect. Since her sessions, I must have cut 8 strokes off my handicap.

For those of you who are keen to learn more about hypnosis and how it can help your golf, visit http://www.greymatternetwork.com. If you are game to try, contact Jennifer at 96930676.

No comments: