Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gerald leads Sembawang Country Club Championship After Day 1...


For the first time ever, 11 years after I joined SCC, I took part in the Club Championship. The event will be played over 3 x 18 holes. The first game being today and 36 holes will be played next Sunday 28th Sep 08.

On a very hot afternoon, I shot a gross score of 81 and a nett score of 68, playing at handicap 10.5 and course handicap of 13. I am leading the Men's B Division and tied for lead across the A, B and C division. The leaders in all 3 divisions are 68 nett.

The pin positions today were some of the toughest I have ever played at SCC and the greens were very fast due to the dry condition.

I didn't start very well as I was not relax enough. Took the turn at 42 which was not very good. The only saviour was a birdie at hole 7. The 2nd 9 was a lot better as I started to relax and play my normal game. Shot 39 with a birdie at hole 16.

Let's hope I can maintain my form or improve for next Sunday's game. Watch this blog for update. Check out SCC website at www.sembawanggolf.org.sg for the detailed results.

6 comments:

Cheong YM said...

Gerald, all the best to you. All Goofy members are on hand to cheer for you. Hope you can add another trophy to your cabinet. A word of motivation for you. Play like Tiger Wood and you win.

Anonymous said...

Thank Mr Cheong..jiayou!! I must say this format is very exciting. But hor if I can play like Tiger, what am i doing at Sembawang? :)

Anonymous said...

When happened on Day 2?
Give us an update leh....

Anonymous said...

Hi Dick,

Day 2 and Day 3 will be played this Sunday 28th Sep. So it will be 36 holes in 1 day. I will see if I can blog during the lunch break. It will be very tiring man. Try to keep the Goofy flag flying high.

Chee Hoo said...

Gerald, how did your 36 holes went yesterday? Update us la.

Anonymous said...

chee hoo, sorry la, no time to update as could not find time to blog..but yes, its up.