Sunday, May 3, 2009

The eagle has landed..


I was over the moon yesterday! I shot an eagle on Army 1st, the par 5!

I was playing with Jimmy, Peter Teo and Bobby and after teeing off with my driver and hitting my second with my 3 hybrid, I was left with about 60 m to the green. My intention was just to put it close to the blue pin.

I hit a 3/4 swing with my 60deg wedge but I felt that I hit it a little too strong. The ball landed about 2 m from the pin and rolled. I shouted "Bite!". But the ball refused to listen, it rolled and rolled right into the cup for the 3rd eagle of my life!

I was totally elated and was jumping for joy.

The last time I had an eagle was at Kranji 6th hole, and one of my playing partners was Jimmy Ang.

So the lesson learnt is: if you want to shoot an eagle, play with Jimmy Ang.

How I wish I can shoot my next eagle on a par 3 and in a tournament where there is a Merc to be won! Still waiting for that day.

Bobby captured this shot after I picked the ball out of the cup.

No comments: