Sunday, October 11, 2009

Disaster at Sembawang CC

Who says lightning never strike twice at the same place???

Teed off at 7.01am (front 9) on Saturday for the Sembawang Club Championship. The feeling was not too good at tee-off. Had very little sleep the night before but this time round, it has nothing to do with Lai Chi Keen!!

Tee-off was ok but disaster struck in my second shot, I sliced it into the right hillside. I did managed to recover to save par. The real mess was on Hole 3 where my 2nd shot found sand. I thinned the sand shot but luckily I hit the flag stick. It still flew over the green. My next chipshot rolled into the same bunker again #@$&. I made triple bogey.

My first 6 holes went like this : par, bogey, triple, bogey, double, bogey. At this point, my call was answered. The course was closed at 8.45. I was praying hard that the first game will be scrapped. I was encouraging the committee to scrapped the first game if the bad weather continues, but was told that the first game must be completed no matter what as they cannot be sure Game 2 and 3 will not be rained out.

The course was re-opened at 9.30 and my poor form continued. Par and triple again. At that time, the course was closed for the 2nd time due to lightning risk. I was already 10 over after 8 holes, what was my chance of defending my title (last year's Div B Champion)? ZERO!!!

They were still saying Game 1 will continue. At this point I told my flight mate, I am going off. No point continuing. I took my bag and left the club.

After 1 hour, my phone rang, my league team captain told me Game 1 was scrapped. They will continue with Game 2 in the afternoon. He ask me to go back.

I at that point already Xian Ji Pua (half-disheartened), I already left the club. I told him I will consider.

I did not go back. So that was the end of the club championship for 2009. See you in 2010.

My form lately has been bad. I need to re-work on my swing. Confidence is low. So when I saw Jimmy shot 78 at NSRCC, I said heng ah..luckily I was not there. Play level also lose!!!

3 comments:

CYM said...

Gerald, sorry to learn of your plight. Relax, take a break and and you will be back to your normal self again..

jon no turn said...

Gerald..don't feel so upset...form is temporary..class is permanent!

Even Tiger Woods have his off days..just have to relax and come back better!

Your game sounds like my average sat game haha...sigh when can i ever play better? haha :D

gerald said...

I feel so encouraged. Thanks for the shot-in-the-arm. I will comeback stronger. And hopefully...got class :D!!!