Sunday, August 16, 2009

So what else is new?


Tiger Woods is carrying a 2-shot lead into the final round of the PGA Championship at Hazeltine. He has won 47/50 tournaments leading after 54 holes and is 14-0 in majors. So who is going to bet against him winning?

I will. But only a $2 bet!!

Again, I want to stress, I am not anti-Tiger. I just do not like the anti-climax. Why stay up late to watch the TV when you already know the outcome? It is like watching a suspense movie backwards.

I am going to root for 3-times major winner, Padraig Harrington. He is two shots behind, together with YE Yang of Korean. Yang does not have the pedigree to challenge Tiger. Or could it be Henrik Stenson?

A 2-shots lead is nothing. It can evaporate after just one hole. Remember how Padraig caught Garcia in his maiden major win at The Open Championship?

But then again, his opponent wasn't the World No 1.

No comments: