Friday, June 12, 2009

Trip Report for The Empire Hotel and Country Club, Brunei – by Tan Hong Pew



I have just taken a 3 days 2 nights trip with my family to Brunei Empire Hotel and Country Club between 11-13 June 2009. Although Brunei is not a normal tourist destination, I was attracted by the promotion package and the beautiful hotel. At S$399 (+ 120 taxes) a head inclusive of air ticket, transfers and hotel accommodation, I thought it was a bargain. Golf at the hotel Jack Nicklaus course is S$100 a round of 18 holes (with 10% taxes) as part of the package.

Overall ratings:

Golf – If I use our local 5-stars hotel as reference and peg NSRCC Changi Course as a 4 stars club, the following are my ratings for the Empire Hotel and the Golf course.

1. Hotel – 6 stars standard.
2. Club House – 5 stars.
3. Buggies – 4 stars
4. Tee-boxes – 5 stars
5. Fairways – 5 stars
6. Greens – 5 stars
7. Environment and surrounding – 5 star, excellent sea view from the course.
8. Service standard – 5 stars, excellent from hotel pick-up, to check-in to general service.
9. After dark entertainment – 1 star.
10. Travelling time – 1.5 hours flight, 20 minutes from airport to hotel, so quite short.

Overall impression – At $399, it is well worth it and I am likely to go again. For golf, at $100 a game for such a nice course, it will relatively inexpensive and worth it.

No comments: