Sunday, June 28, 2009

Minimum of 2 weeks without golf..

I have not played at NSRCC for at least a month, really missed playing with the guys, all the ribbings and "suanings".

Came back from Manila hotspot with a flu, the regular flu. The fact is that I left Singapore with the flu. I was so concerned about not being able to leave for business on Monday that I saw the GP on Sunday night and was given clearance to fly. I just wanted to eliminate the possibility.

Came back on Friday afternoon and was alarmed at reading about so many cases in Singapore. My flu was still there, with runny nose, cough and sore throat. Luckily, I did not have any fever.

To be more responsible and much to my disappointment, I have decided to self-quarantine and pull out from the Saturday game with the mates at NSRCC. I also do not want to infect the office colleagues with anything that I might have brought back. My partner and co-traveller, Derrick will be doing the same thing at home.

After 2 days of self-quarantine, I am already dying from boredom. I can imagine how those people at Aloha felt. Most of the time spent on the net or watching television. No outing, no shopping and more importantly, no golf.

Well, one good thing that might come out of it, is that I can give my injured right shoulder a good rest. Have been carrying this injury for 2 weeks and not giving it a chance to heal.

Hope to get well soon and be out to smell the fresh air on the golf course.

No comments: