Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dick survived the onslaught of the "Kong Longs"

Last Sat, i was slotted ti play with Richard (16) and the two "Kong Longs", Covette (9) and Jonas (14). Many felt that i would be slaughtered especially by the two "Kong Longs" but on the contrary, I survived quite well.

I started with a double bogey and a triple bogey on the first two holes of the Airforce course and i soon thought to myself that the prediction seems to be true especially with Jonas scoring a birdie on the first hole. My play seems to come into place when I parred hole 3, 7 & 8 completing the course in 48. On the Navy, I played a bit more steadily scoring a 44 with a gross score of 92. No bad for playing with a heavily pressured flightmates.

Lesson learned: Do not fear the odds but faced the eventual as they comes.

No comments: