Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So paiseh ah....

In the just concluded SGA Inter-club League, Sembawang CC came in 3rd in the A Division. This is a record achievement for the A-Team.

Guess what? Your truly is a member of the A-team, but I did not contribute a single game unlike last year when I played in all.

So paiseh ah!!! A free loader!!

There are 6 players in the team, 4 will play in each game, with 2 reserves. I was the reserve for all games.

My regret is I cannot fight into the top 4 due to my poor form lately. Due to many business travel and lack of practice. At the same time, I am glad that the best players get to represent the team and the club.

The first game was at Sembawang CC, our home ground, the Commando Course. We came in 2nd to NSRCC.

Warren was the site for the 2nd game. However the game was scapped due to inclement weather.

The 3rd game was at SICC's Championship Bukit Course, the team dropped to 5th position.

The 4th game was held at Keppel, the team managed to maintain our 5th position and qualified for the finals at OCC

At the Finals at OCC on 26th April, the team fought back strongly and nearly won the game at OCC. We lost to NSRCC by 1 stroke. This strong performance allowed us to climb 2 places to finish 3rd overall. The best ever showing in the SGA Interclub league.

Well done guys, I am really proud of you! I hope I can play a more active role next year!! (caveat : If I am still invited for the selection trial).

1 comment:

Graham said...

Hi guys,
Great to read your blog. I'm trying to raise awareness of my blog, so I was wondering if you could add a link to my blog in your links section?

Thanks,
Graham
http://madaboutgolfuk.blogspot.com/