Thursday, July 30, 2009

The fastest way to improve your golf....

You might think I am going to teach you some golf swing secrets, no I am not. I am not a golf pro who can help you improve your swing.

I was asked recently how to achieve improvement in golf. For me, it is very simple, and I always practise that.

Work on the weakest part of the game.

I give you an example. You have to take 4 subjects in PSLE. Maths, Science, English and Chinese. You keep scoring As and Bs in Maths, Science and English. But D in Chinese.

Which subject are you going to work on? Its obvious isn't it. All the mothers in the world will know which subject to send the kids for tuition. Why we golfers don't know?

If your weakest is putting, work on it. Is your first putt is weak (cannot get near enough to the hole, ie. poor speed reading)? Or is your 2nd putt poor? ie. Sinking that 3-4 footers.

Work on your weakest link and you will see the greatest improvement.

So stop hitting the drivers on the range if your weakness is chipping or putting.

Sounds like a clip from Golf Channel?

3 comments:

Lone Ranger said...

Thank you bro! I think that is sound advice!
We always belt away at the range thinking we want to try to be the longest on the course and neglect the iron play - the short game. And the money is made literally, on the green! The putting green of course. So I may be short but I hope to sink those putts where it matters most - the pocket!!!

Daniel Wong said...

you mean can do putting at the range??? ha

gerald said...

you can if you want to daniel....